Research Group Leader
Note added Jan 2014. This profile page is no longer updated. My new homepage is here: Jacob Biamonte
I lead the Quantum Physics Research Division at the ISI Foundation here in Torino. I actively contribute technical blog articles to the Azimuth Project, which is devoted to prices fo cialis using methods from Mathematics and viagra on internet prescription online particularly, techniques developed in quantum theory, to address environmental challenges. I am working on two research books on cialis soft tab india mathematical physics which can be found online: Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics and Tensor Networks in Quantum Theory. My current work focuses on developing new mathematical tools to model systems and towards a unified theory of networks.
News and Events
- IQC Workshop on Quantum Computation and Complex Networks, Institute for Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Ontario, 24-26 May, 2013.
- Mathematical physics, network theory, tensor network states, chemical reaction networks
- Computational and Hamiltonian complexity theory, circuit theory and connections to condensed matter physics
- Quantum algorithms to simulate many-body physics and generic brands viagra online ab initio chemistry on a quantum computer
- I'm a member of the Azimuth Project.
- Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics, QIC 890/891 Advanced Topics in Quantum Information, The University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario, Canada, (2012).
- Lectures on Tensor Network States, QIC 890/891 Advanced Topics in Quantum Information, The University of Waterloo (Institute for Quantum Computation, IQC and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, PI), Waterloo Ontario, Canada, (2011).
- Credits for both courses: youtube lectures filmed and edited by Peter J. Kovacs and Craig Hennessey, trailer and interview orchestrated by Colin Hunter.
- My old St Peter's College Oxford staff page (2009 to 2011, no longer updated)
- My old page at Oxford University (2007 to 2010, no longer updated)
- My old page at Harvard (2007 & 2008, no longer updated)
- Quantum Information Toolkit for Matlab
- Frontiers in Physics
- Natural Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Journal of Complex Networks, OUP (special issue on "quantum physics and complex networks")
JouFrontiers in Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics - See more at: http://community.frontiersin.org/people/JacobBiamonte/98997#sthash.UrdCYGC0.dpuf
- Guest lecturer, Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), University of Waterloo
- Lecturer in Physics, St Peter's College, University of Oxford
- EPSRC Funded Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Oxford
- Research Assistant, University of Oxford
- Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Research Physicist/Consultant, D-Wave Systems, Inc. The Quantum Computing Company
- Doctorate from the order real viagra University of Oxford
- Inert vs living matter, Foundational Questions Institute (FQXi), 2013-2015
A few talks
- Invariant Theory for Matrix Product States, Networking Tensor Networks: many-body systems and simulations, May 2012, Centro de Ciencias de Benasque Pedro Pascual, Benasque Spain. [Slides PPT and PDF]
- Quantum versus Classical Network Structure and Function, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Science (IIIS), Center for Quantum Information (CQI), (2011). [PDF of slides]. [YouKu Video]
- Penrose Graphical Notation for Tensor Network States, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics Seminar Archive (PIRSA), (2011). [PDF of slides], http://pirsa.org/11080059/ (multiple media formats).
- A Course on Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics
with John Baez
235 pages, (2012)
- Lectures on Penrose graphical notation for tensor network states
with Ville Bergholm
approx. 112 pages, (2012) [draft version]
Five representative publications
- Categorical Tensor Network States
with Stephen R.Clark and Dieter Jaksch
AIP Advances 1(4), 042172 (2011).
- Racing a quantum computer through Minkowski spacetime
J. Phys. Conf. Ser. Vol. 1. No. 229. Pages 012020. 2010.
- Towards quantum chemistry on a quantum computer
with B. P. Lanyon et al.,
Nature Chem. No. 2. Pages 106–111. 2010.
- Realizable Hamiltonians for universal adiabatic quantum computers
with Peter J. Love
Physical Review A 78‚ 012352. 2008.
- Non−perturbative k−body to two−body commuting conversion Hamiltonians and generic cialis soft gel embedding problem instances into Ising spins
Physical Review A 77‚ 052331. 2008.
Five recent publications
- Degree Distribution in Quantum Walks on coupon viagra Complex Networks
with Mauro Faccin, Tomi Johnson, Sabre Kais and Piotr Migdał
Physical Review X (2013)
- Solving search problems by strongly simulating quantum circuits
with T. H. Johnson, S. R. Clark and D. Jaksch
Sci. Rep. 3:1235 (2013)
- Quantum Transport Enhancement by Time-Reversal Symmetry Breaking
with Zoltan Zimboras, Mauro Faccin, Zoltan Kadar, James Whitfield and Ben Lanyon
Sci. Rep 3:2631 (2013)
- Undecidability in Tensor Network States
with Jason Morton
PRA Rapid Communications 86, 030301(R) (2012)
- Algebraically contractible topological tensor network states
S. J. Denny, J. D. Biamonte, D. Jaksch and S. R. Clark
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 45 015309, (2012).