Research Group Leader
Note added Jan 2014. This profile page is no longer updated. My new homepage is here: Jacob Biamonte
I lead the Quantum Physics Research Division at the ISI Foundation here in Torino. I actively contribute technical blog articles to the Azimuth Project, which is devoted to using methods from Mathematics and particularly, techniques developed in quantum theory, to address environmental challenges. I am working on two research books on mathematical physics which can be found online: Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics and Tensor Networks in Quantum Theory. My current work focuses on developing new mathematical tools to model systems and towards a unified theory of networks.
News and Events
- IQC Workshop on Quantum Computation and Complex Networks, Institute for Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Ontario, 24-26 May, 2013.
- Mathematical physics, network theory, tensor network states, chemical reaction networks
- Computational and Hamiltonian complexity theory, circuit theory and connections to condensed matter physics
- Quantum algorithms to simulate many-body physics and viagra cheapest online ab initio chemistry on a quantum computer
- I'm a member of the Azimuth Project.
- Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics, QIC 890/891 Advanced Topics in Quantum Information, The University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario, Canada, (2012).
- Lectures on Tensor Network States, QIC 890/891 Advanced Topics in Quantum Information, The University of Waterloo (Institute for Quantum Computation, IQC and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, PI), Waterloo Ontario, Canada, (2011).
- Credits for both courses: youtube lectures filmed and edited by Peter J. Kovacs and Craig Hennessey, trailer and interview orchestrated by Colin Hunter.
- My old St Peter's College Oxford staff page (2009 to 2011, no longer updated)
- My old page at Oxford University (2007 to 2010, no longer updated)
- My old page at Harvard (2007 & 2008, no longer updated)
- Quantum Information Toolkit for Matlab
- Frontiers in Physics
- Natural Computing
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Journal of Complex Networks, OUP (special issue on "quantum physics and complex networks")
JouFrontiers in Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics - See more at: http://community.frontiersin.org/people/JacobBiamonte/98997#sthash.UrdCYGC0.dpuf
- Guest lecturer, Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC), University of Waterloo
- Lecturer in Physics, St Peter's College, University of Oxford
- EPSRC Funded Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Oxford
- Research Assistant, University of Oxford
- Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Research Physicist/Consultant, D-Wave Systems, Inc. The Quantum Computing Company
- Doctorate from the cialis drug prescription University of Oxford
- Inert vs living matter, Foundational Questions Institute (FQXi), 2013-2015
A few talks
- Invariant Theory for Matrix Product States, Networking Tensor Networks: many-body systems and simulations, May 2012, Centro de Ciencias de Benasque Pedro Pascual, Benasque Spain. [Slides PPT and PDF]
- Quantum versus Classical Network Structure and Function, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Science (IIIS), Center for Quantum Information (CQI), (2011). [PDF of slides]. [YouKu Video]
- Penrose Graphical Notation for Tensor Network States, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics Seminar Archive (PIRSA), (2011). [PDF of slides], http://pirsa.org/11080059/ (multiple media formats).
- A Course on Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Mechanics
with John Baez
235 pages, (2012)
- Lectures on Penrose graphical notation for tensor network states
with Ville Bergholm
approx. 112 pages, (2012) [draft version]
Five representative publications
- Categorical Tensor Network States
with Stephen R.Clark and Dieter Jaksch
AIP Advances 1(4), 042172 (2011).
- Racing a quantum computer through Minkowski spacetime
J. Phys. Conf. Ser. Vol. 1. No. 229. Pages 012020. 2010.
- Towards quantum chemistry on a quantum computer
with B. P. Lanyon et al.,
Nature Chem. No. 2. Pages 106–111. 2010.
- Realizable Hamiltonians for universal adiabatic quantum computers
with Peter J. Love
Physical Review A 78‚ 012352. 2008.
- Non−perturbative k−body to two−body commuting conversion Hamiltonians and embedding problem instances into Ising spins
Physical Review A 77‚ 052331. 2008.
Five recent publications
- Degree Distribution in Quantum Walks on buy viagra online at Complex Networks
with Mauro Faccin, Tomi Johnson, Sabre Kais and Piotr Migdał
Physical Review X (2013)
- Solving search problems by strongly simulating quantum circuits
with T. H. Johnson, S. R. Clark and D. Jaksch
Sci. Rep. 3:1235 (2013)
- Quantum Transport Enhancement by Time-Reversal Symmetry Breaking
with Zoltan Zimboras, Mauro Faccin, Zoltan Kadar, James Whitfield and Ben Lanyon
Sci. Rep 3:2631 (2013)
- Undecidability in Tensor Network States
with Jason Morton
PRA Rapid Communications 86, 030301(R) (2012)
- Algebraically contractible topological tensor network states
S. J. Denny, J. D. Biamonte, D. Jaksch and S. R. Clark
J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 45 015309, (2012).